Monday, November 2, 2009

God wants what is best for us

I'll probably be posting here more often. One reason is because I feel that I don't post enough on this blog and that perhaps if I posted more, it'd be an incentive of sorts to stay in God's will.

Last night I did one of the hardest things I've ever had to do: leave a site I'd grown addicted to. God had been dealing with me about that for a long time. Why? Because deviantART is not exactly an ideal site. I'd rather not go into detail, but it was full of all kinds of things I am to avoid as a Christian. I did a rather good job of avoiding that and sticking to my corner and that of my friends actually, but the temptation was still there. God wanted me to get out of there before I began really giving in. My profile and art gallery is still up, but I will not be going back. It was hard for me. I only succeeded in leaving left because God gave me the grace to do so.
This was a powerful reminder to me that God always knows what is best for us.

Just as He did with me, if you just trust Him God will give you the grace you need to accomplish His will. Not only that, He'll give you encouragement. After puting up my goodbye message on dA last night, I began to wonder if I made the right decision. I prayed about it. I had given a goodbye message on dA and promised to come back today to answer any questions any of my friends had today just so I wouldn't leave them hanging. Three of my friends there encouraged me to do what God wants. God used them to confirm my decision. God is faithful. I pray that I will continue to do His will despite the cost. I pray that He will give you the grace to do the same, my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Until next time, may God bless you.

No comments: