Sunday, September 28, 2008

Listening to God

Most Christians that I know sing hymns. When you sing a hymn, do you just sing it or think about the words and the hymn's message while you're sining it? It's easy to sing a hymn and not pay attention to the words. But I prefer to think about the words while I'm sining a hymn. After all, sometimes God is trying to encourage me or tell me something through a hymn.
We've all have heard the hymn "Oh, How I Love Jesus", but do you really love him like you should? We were singing that in church today and God put that thought into my mind. Do I really love Jesus like I should? Admittedly, not always. I get caught up in the things of this world sometimes. Funny, that's what the pastor's sermon this morning ended up being about too. God was definitely speaking to me about that.
God has several ways of telling us something. Sometimes it's from a sermon on TV, sometimes it's from a song on the radio, sometimes in a book that we are reading, sometimes through a hymn or other song, or sometimes in your pastor's sermon. You just have to listen. I don't know if it's like this for everyone, but when God is talking to me it's like a thought but I know that it's not my thought.

No comments: