Sunday, August 10, 2008

You know, sometimes an old hymn pops into my mind. I found some encouragement in those hymns. Take "Nothing But the Blood", for instance. I was thinking about that one last night.
"What can Wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus! What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus! Oh, how precious is the flow that makes me white as snow! No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus!"
Another stanza reads:
"This is all my hope and peace! Nothing but the blood of Jesus! This is all my righteousness! Nothing but the blood of Jesus!"
Oh, how that statement applies to my own life! I have never been able to find hope or peace until I started trusting God completely. I unconsciously tried to find hope and peace in other things when I was out of God's will. I never got it until I began trusting in Jesus again.

My favorite hymn is "There is Power in the Blood". At different times in my life, God brings a hymn into my mind to help encourage me. I also find encouragement by reading the Bible. No, I am not pretending. This is for real. Sometimes God will talk to me. Not with words, but He'll put a thought into my mind. And I can just tell that's it's not my thoughts.
This is what keeps me believing in God. This is what helps give me peace. Are you looking for peace, friend? You'll find it in Jesus. All you have to do is believe in God and His Son Jesus and that Jesus died on the cross for everyone's sins. Then, acknowledge that you have sinned. We all have at some point in life. The Bible says "There is non righteous, no not one." and "For we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Then, you simply have to receive the gift of Salvation. It's so simple. That's all there is to it. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that them who believe on Him should not perish but have eternal life." Trust God. He''ll never let you down.

No comments: